Specialized Cable Assemblies - Available Configurations
- Assemblies normally available with one (1) up to thirty seven (37) conductors; more conductors optional
- Choose from insulated wires rated from 80 ºC up to 200 ºC
- Flammability ratings featuring cable with basic horizontal flame retardancy up to highly flame retardant materials
- Toughened cable jackets or covers of polyurethane or C75 vinyl/rubber provide outstanding wear and abuse resistance in service
- Low smoke, zero-halogen (LS0) cable materials for assemblies with much lower toxicity and greater safety in enclosed spaces or in aircraft or naval vessels
- Strain reliefs of PVC, or C75, or TPE (thermoplastic elastomer), or TPU (polyurethane) allow choices from a soft flexible bend to a resilient and very springy bend
- Strain reliefs can be overmolded (molded-on to form a sealed bond to the cable) or slip-on (for low volume, non-bonded applications)
- Terminations to military (MIL 83513) and COTS micro-miniature D connectors from 9 contacts up to 37 contacts; other configurations upon request
- Backshells can be assembled onto the micro-D connectors for higher shielding effectiveness and/or anchoring of the cable to protect the contact-wire connections
- Terminations of military (MS), COTS, and high reliability circular connectors and micro circular connectors such as MIL-C-38999 or MIL-C-5015 and others
- Solder cup contacts or crimp type contacts; mil crimp contact sizes of 20, 16, and 12
- Terminations of wire as small as 30 AWG and as large as 12 AWG
- Backshells for circular connectors provide anchoring of the cable or wires to reduce stress on the contact-wire connections and improved shielding
- Y junctions feature multiple cables terminated within a single rectangular connector or within a single circular connector multiple breakouts from single terminated connectors
- Filtering of wires through internal filters located inside the connector or inside the backshell, providing protection of filters from external damage
- Disconnectable connectors featuring crimp type contacts for cable to cable or wire to wire interconnects, or wire/cable to board mounted connectors offer terminations from 30 AWG wire to 12 AWG wire
- Specialty modular plugs feature high density configurations and reliable multiple-interface capability with modular jacks
- Discrete terminals are available in a variety of contact sizes and terminal styles including grounding lugs
For any other configuration options, call or email us.
Certain configurations may require custom manufactured molds or tooling.
back to "Cable Assemblies"