Advanced Retractile Cordsets & Cords - Available Configurations
- Life performance ratings in excess of 5,000,000 cycles without loss of electrical signals and without degradation of cordset are available in select configurations
- Retractile cords can be made of cable with only metallic conductors, or of hybrid cable containing both optical fiber conductors and metallic conductors
- Cordsets are available in both unshielded cables or a variety of shielded cables (cable configuration must be designed for use as a retractile cordset)
- Retractile cordsets can be made from either round cable or from flat cable
- Retracted length of coil body can range from as short as 5/8” to as long as 48”
- Pigtail lengths can be from ½ “ up to 5 feet typically; longer pigtail lengths are available upon request
- Retractile cordset pigtails can be oriented either at right angles to the coil body (dropped) or parallel to the axis of the coil body (turned out from coil body)
- Choice of cable configurations and materials that will produce coil springback from rapid snapback to a controlled rate of snapback (not rapid)
- Coil body diameters range from 3/8” up to 1-1/4” typically; larger coil diameters can be provided based on cable type and requirements
- Most frequently requested coil body diameters range from ½” up to 13/16”
- Custom color matches for retractile cordsets are available for specialized applications
- Retractile cords can be provided with overmolded strain reliefs or overmolded junctions
- Coiled cordsets are available with a wide range of connector types: micro-circular, circular, micro-D, modular plugs, disconnectable crimp
- Cordsets can have blunt cut ends, or jacket stripped with various lengths of insulated conductors exposed, and with insulated conductors having ends stripped, or stripped and tinned, or semi-stripped
- Retractile cordsets are also known as retractile cords or coiled cords
For any other configuration options, call or email us.
Certain configurations may require custom manufactured molds or tooling.
back to "Cordsets"